New York City has raised its COVID alert level to high on Tuesday, less than 24 hours after warning of the possibility, as the latest pandemic wave continues to see an increase in covid cases.
In high alert The CDC recommends
• Stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines
• Wear a face mask in all indoor public settings and crowded outdoor spaces.
• Consider avoiding higher-risk activities (such as crowded indoor gatherings).
• Limit gatherings to small numbers.
• Get tested if you have symptoms, were exposed, traveled or were at a large event
• Stay home if sick or recently exposed