East Farmingdale, NY- The Long Island Marathon is back! After the pandemic cancelled the marathon in 2020, it returns this year to Nassau County with a new course and more events! This year, races begin on Friday and last all weekend, with the big race on Sunday morning. Also new for this year, look for a Food Truck Festival and live music. Matathon events will take place inside and around Eisenhower Park.
- Charles Lindbergh Blvd 6:00 A.M. – 1 P.M.
- Stewart Avenue between Merchant’s Concourse / Endo Blvd & Merrick Ave from 6:45 A.M. – 10:30 A.M.
- Merrick Avenue between Stewart Ave & Hempstead Turnpike from 5:00 A.M. – 1 P.M.
- Park Blvd between Hempstead Tpke & Merrick Ave from 6:30 A.M. – 10:30 A.M.
- Entrances/Exits on The Meadowbrook Parkway at Charles Lindbergh Blvd & Stewart Ave 6:00 A.M. until 1:30 P.M.
- Eisenhower Park’s Park Blvd from 5:00 A.M and 10:30 A.M.
Note: Road closures subject to change by Nassau County Police Department. No baby joggers or pets are allowed in the races. Information about road closures has been provided by the Long Island Marathon
Photo: Runners move along 4th Avenue in the Brooklyn borough of New York during the New York City Marathon on Sunday, Nov. 5, 2017. (AP Photo/Andres Kudacki)