East Farmingdale, NY- With Memorial Day Weekend just one week away, its time to get inside scoop on what kind of weather to expect this summer on Long Island from none other than WALK-FM Chief Meteorologist Pat Pagano. Pat says summer 2021 is, “up for grabs” and to “expect above normal temperatures and above normal rainfall”. Pat also says to expect “fair skies for July 4th” but warns that “Labor Day Weekend will have some shower activity”. Find Pat’s week by week Summer 2021 Outlook, below.
- First few days, chance of severe thunderstorms.
- First week, fair, very warm, thunderstorms late week.
- Second week, unsettled: thunderstorms at times.
- Third week, heavy storms, then fair and less humid.
- Last week, partly cloudy and windy, scattered storms.
- First week, hazy- muggy then cooling down.
- Second week, chance of Tropical like weather, then partly cloudy.
- Third week, windy, showers then fair and cooler.
- Fourth week, gusty winds some showers or storms.
- Last few days, summer in full swing!
- First few days, hazy hot and humid, late storms.
- First week mostly fair and comfortable.
- Second week, thunderstorms then fair and warm.
- Third week, sever storms then partly cloudy.
- Last week, partly sunny- seasonable.
Photo: The Royal Canadian Air Force Snowbird demonstration team performs during the 13th Annual Bethpage Air Show, Saturday, May 28, 2016, at Jones Beach, in Wantagh, N.Y.(AP Photo/Julie Jacobson)