This page is updated as new information becomes available.
(East Farmingdale, NY)- COVID-19 vaccines are now available to all New York residents ages 16 and older. (Note- 16 & 17 year old’s will need need parental consent to get vaccinated. Only Pfizer is currently authorized for person’s ages 16 & 17.)
All New Yorker’s currently eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine appointment, can sign up on the New York State run, “am I eligible” site – which you can access here OR by calling 1-833-NYS-4-VAX (1-833-697-4829)
Walk-in appointments available for all eligible New Yorker’s at all New York State run vaccination sites.
Nassau County COVID-19 hotline 516-227-9570 for text alerts text the word COVID19NC to 999777 more information on the Nassau County vaccination efforts and vaccination sites can be found here.
- Nassau County has launched a COVID Hotline to help Seniors book vaccination appointments, the hotline is available Monday through Sunday 9am-4:45pm at 516-227-9590
- For appointments at Nassau Coliseum, click here use code Nassau21
- Veterans in Nassau County can register for a vaccine appointment at Nassau University Medical Center, more information available on that here.
Suffolk County residents can call 311 for more information on how to schedule a vaccine appointment. More information on the Suffolk County vaccination efforts and vaccination sites can be found here
- Appointments at Suffolk County run vaccination sites including; Hauppauge, Riverhead and Selden, click here.
- NY State run Mass Vaccination sites Suffolk County Community College in Brentwood & Stony Brook University Southampton Campus, read more, click here
- East Hampton Town, for information click, here.
Major Retail Pharmacies on Long Island: include CVS, Walgreens and Stop & Shop, Costco, Walmart, Sam’s Club
- Click here for the link to Stop & Shop
- Click here for the link to CVS
- Click here for the link to Walgreens
- Click here for the link to Costco
- Click here for the link to Walmart
- Click here for the link to Sam’s Club
- Additional pharmacies will begin to vaccinate New Yorker’s in the coming weeks, read more about that here.
- Try the vaccine finder website to locate a pharmacy with COVID-19 vaccine appointments near you at www.vaccinefinder.org
Other ways to get a vaccine appointment include;
- Northwell Health,COVID vaccine hotline at (844) 919-VACC or access the Northwell site, here.
- Facebook, there are groups of Long Islanders on Facebook helping each other navigate the appointment process, click here to find the Long Island COVID-19 vaccination group.
***NOTE: individuals getting vaccinated must provide proof of eligibility. Find out more about the various types of proof you might need to show for your appointment located, here.
Photo: Ava Orobello-Stretch a 16 year old William Floyd High School Junior, gets her first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine on April 8th, at a Suffolk County vaccination site in Hauppauge. Photo by Jennifer Orobello