(East Farmingdale, NY)- The New York State Assembly has approved a $212 billion dollar budget for the 2021-2022 fiscal year. According to a release from Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie, some of the items on the budget include;
- $193.8 million for health care services and systems throughout New York
- $3 billion in combined federal and state dollars will be provided for rent and homeowner relief,
- $35.78 million in funding for agricultural aid to localities and other critical agricultural programs
- $1.84 billion in funding for the environment
- $2.4 billion in federal child care aid for New York State
- $13.7 billion in funding for higher education.
- $19.8 billion in Foundation Aid
- $11.2 billion in the state’s transportation network.
- $800 million in funding for a Small Business Recovery Grant Program
- $40 million for a new Arts Recovery Grant Program
- $50 million for the COVID-19 Recovery Workforce Initiative
- Legalization of Sports Betting
- Tax increases for people with incomes over $5 million
- Increase corporate tax rate from 6.5 percent to 7.5 percent
Photo: Exterior view of the New York State Capitol, Tuesday, March 30, 2021, in Albany, N.Y. (AP Photo/Hans Pennink)