Buzzfeed put out a list of actors who had to fight to get a role and now it’s so iconic you can’t imagine anyone else doing it.
1. Lady Gaga in “A Star Is Born”. Bradley Cooper wanted Gaga the whole time but had to convince the studio. She ended up getting an Oscar nomination and winning for her work on the soundtrack.
2. Aaron Paul on “Breaking Bad”. He ended up winning three Emmys.
3. Patrick Swayze in “Ghost”. The director wanted Harrison Ford, but Patrick loved the script and fought for it! He even fought for Whoopi to be cast…
4. Whoopi Goldberg in “Ghost”. The director wanted Tina Turner, but Patrick fought for Whoopi, and she ended up winning an Oscar.
5. Kate Winslet in “Titanic”. Another one who got nominated for some awards for the role including an Oscar.
6. Lisa Kudrow on “Friends”. Originally the role was going to Ellen Degeneres. When she turned it down Lisa had to fight for the role.
7. Taylor Lautner in “Twilight: New Moon”. Taylor had to bulk up before he convinced the director he was right for the part.
8. Ryan Reynolds in “Deadpool”. He fought for 11 years to get a solo “Deadpool” movie made.
9. Reese Witherspoon in “Legally Blonde”. Reese was originally told she needed to be sexier.
10. Lili Reinhart on “Riverdale”. Lili auditioned multiple times virtually and it wasn’t until she came in person that she nailed it.
(Image: AP Newsroom)