2 firefighters were injured yesterday morning in a fire that destroyed a Lawrence home that was operating as a makeshift synagogue.
Fire crews responded to the fire at the Seagirt Avenue home after a neighbor said he saw smoke coming into his apartment just after midnight.
Officials say no one was inside the home at the time, but two firefighters were injured when part of its roof collapsed. They were taken to a hospital and treated for neck and shoulder pain.
Three departments responded to the fire, including the FDNY since the home is right on the Queens-Long Island border.
One of the owners of the synagogue says they plan to raise money to rebuild.