The Town of Huntington is opening the Sgt. Paul Tuozzolo Memorial Spray Park, located at Elwood Park, Cuba Hill Road, Huntington for limited days and hours starting Saturday, August 1 to residents. Reservations and masks are required for entry. Supervisor Chad A. Lupinacci. “The spray park will be open, as usual, to Town of Huntington residents under 13 years of age and we will also have special accommodations for kids with special needs.”
Spray park visitors must reserve a session using the Huntington Town scheduling program. Go to https://www.tohparks.net, go to the SPRAY PARK tab at the top and select a date from the reservation calendar. Phone assistance will be available by calling Parks and Recreation staff at (631) 351-3089. Recreation I.D. Cards are not required, as they have not been for sale this season.
*Only Town residents (and members of the Half Hollow Hills, Commack and Cold Spring Harbor School Districts, which are partially located within the Town) may register for a time slot at the spray park. A Driver’s License ID or other form of identification will be required as proof of residency to enter the spray park.
Spray park hours are as follows by appointment only:
- 1:00pm – 7:30pm (through August 14)
- 12:00pm – 7:45pm (starting August 17)
WEEKENDS & HOLIDAYS
- 12:00pm – 7:45pm
EXCLUSIVE HOUR FOR KIDS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS Children (under 13 years of age) with special needs have a choice between:
- Reserving a time slot during the public hours
- Visiting during an hour exclusively reserved for their use with no reservation required, on Thursdays 11:00am to 12:00pm.
- Water-use wheelchairs, thoroughly sanitized between each use, are available for use by children with special physical needs upon request.