The WALK 97.5 Phrase That Pays
Make sure you know the WALK 97.5 Phrase that pays! Register below, then when you get a call from WALK 97.5 be ready to tell us the Phrase That Pays EXACTLY. If you’re even one syllable off you won’t win the cash, so make sure you know it.
WALK NINETY SEVEN POINT FIVE… REAL VARIETY FROM THE NINTIES… TWO KAY AND TODAY.
WALK 97.5. Real Variety from the 90s, 2K and Today
WALK 97.5’S Phrase That Pays
Sept – Nov 2019
The following are the Official Rules for WALK 97.5’s Phrase That Pays Contest. This Contest will be conducted by radio station 97.5, WALK-FM, (“the station”), which is owned and operated by Connoisseur Media, LLC and its affiliated companies (“CMLI”). References to actions being taken by the station in these rules shall include actions taken by CMLI, their employees and agents.
- ENTRY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Entries for this Contest may be submitted online at walkradio.com and will include all walkradio.com database participants (“WALK Insiders”). All WALK Insiders will be eligible to participate in the contest. The Deadline to enter online is 4:59 PM on Friday, November 8, 2019. Multiple entries by a single individual will be discarded so that the individual has only one entry on file. The identity of an individual will be determined by a number of factors assessed by the station, including unique email address, residence address and other information collected in the entry forms. All determinations by the station as to the unique identity of an individual will be final.
- ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to legal U.S. residents of the Nassau/Suffolk listening area as defined by Nielsen Audio and who are age 18 or older. Employees of CMLI, its affiliated radio stations, and their respective affiliated and subsidiary companies and members of the immediate families or households of such employees are not eligible. Void where prohibited.
- WINNER SELECTION:
- Contest prizes will be awarded on weekdays beginning Monday, Sept 9, 2019, and ending November 8, 2019. (“Contest Period”),
- During the Contest Period, each week a random selection will be made from among all entrants for names to be called during the next week.
- To enter visit the instructions on walkradio.com.
- Entries not selected will be retained for subsequent drawings.
- How to win:
- If a player (entrant) is selected, the player will receive a call from a WALK representative prompting the player to answer “What’s The Phrase That Pays?”
- To win the player must reply “WALK NINETY-SEVEN POINT FIVE, REAL VARIETY FROM THE NINETIES, 2-K AND TODAY” within 5 seconds of being asked and will win $500.
- If the Phrase That Pays is not recited correctly or within the 5 second window the prize will be forfeited and will not be awarded.
- All prize claims are subject to verification of the claimant’s eligibility and compliance with the Official Rules. Contestants listening to the Station via the internet stream are advised that there is a delay between the time that a randomly selected name is announced on the air and the time that the announcement is heard on the internet stream. The time to win that the randomly selected person has to call in to the station to win is based on the time of the on-air announcement. Therefore, persons listening through to the station’s internet stream will be at a disadvantage over those contestants listening over the air, in that they will have less time in which to respond to the announcement. Listeners to the online stream may not be able to timely participate in the Contest, and announcements made over-the-air about the remaining time for a selected person to call will not be accurate when heard on the station’s internet stream. Due to these delays inherent in the internet stream of the station’s broadcast, listeners to the online stream who wish to participate in this Contest are encouraged to listen to the station live on-air.
- ODDS: Odds of winning depend on number of participants.
- PRIZES: Each prize awarded during the Contest Period is a check in the amount of $500.00 with a maximum of 48 winners.
- PRIZE AWARD: All prize(s) must be accepted as awarded. All prize(s) are non-transferable. Inability to accept or deliver a prize within thirty days of its award will result in the forfeiture of that prize. Each winner must provide station with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Failure to timely provide such information and/or any other reasonably required documentation including, without limitation, a release and affidavit of eligibility, may result in a delay in receiving prize(s) or the forfeiture thereof. Entrants are required to provide truthful information and station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. Station will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet eligibility requirements. Any person winning in excess of Six Hundred Dollars and 00/100 ($600.00) or receiving anything with a value of Six Hundred Dollars ($600.00) or more from the station or any affiliated radio station in any contest, including this Contest, as determined by CMLI in its sole discretion, will receive an IRS Form 1099 at the end of the calendar year, and a copy of the 1099 will be filed with the IRS. Each winner shall be solely responsible for paying any and all applicable Federal, State, local or other taxes. This includes prizes, if applicable, for travel, lodging, entertainment, special events, automobiles, or any other thing of value. By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant the station and CMLI the permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices and likeness in connection with the promotion (via print, broadcast or other forms of media) of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, compensation or remuneration for such use. By calling the contest lines, voices and names may be recorded and used for promotional or broadcast purposes.
Contest winners, agree on their own behalf and on behalf of their heirs, successors, representatives and/or assigns, to fully and forever release and discharge CMLI, the station, DMR and each and all of its subsidiary and affiliated corporations, companies and divisions, its predecessors, successors and assigns, and its respective directors, stockholders, officers, employees and agents, of and from any and all claims, demands, agreements, contracts, covenants, actions, suits, causes of action, obligations, controversies, debts, costs, expenses, accounts, damages, judgments, losses and liabilities of whatsoever kind or nature in law, equity or otherwise, whether known or unknown, whether or not concealed or hidden which against it or any of it, they have had, may have had or now have, or which any of their heirs, representatives and/or assigns hereafter can, shall or may have for or by reason of any matter, cause or thing whatsoever, including but not in any respect limiting the generality of the foregoing, any and all claims which or might have asserted relating to this Contest, and agrees to deliver an executed release form at the time of delivery of any prize(s).
- GENERAL: By participating, entrants agree (a) to the Official Rules and to the decisions of the station and its agents, which decisions shall be final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) if their name is selected as a winner, to the announcement on-air of their name and, if it is determined by sponsor to confirm their winning in-person, to having such confirmation taped, filmed and recorded for use on air or in any other media; and (c) to release, discharge and hold harmless the station, CMLI, their subsidiaries and affiliates and their respective directors, employees and agents from any liability, claims, losses, damages and injuries arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from their participation in the Contest and the acceptance and use of a prize; and (d) that the station, CMLI, their subsidiaries and affiliates and their respective directors, employees and agents are not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, malfunction, defect or delay of any kind in telephone calls, radio transmissions or on-line or internet submissions or for the failure of the station or CMLI to receive telephone calls for any reason, or for any computer or software malfunction of any kind affecting the proper execution of this Contest or for late, lost, illegible or damaged mail or entries. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or terminate the Contest in its entirety or partially should it become technically corrupted for any reason or because of non-authorized human intervention. CMLI and the station are not responsible for typographical or other technical or administrative errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of a prize. Contest rules subject to change without written advance notice.
- REMOVAL FROM LIST: In submitting an entry form, information about the entrant will be retained by the station for purposes of this Contest. The entry form also provides an opportunity for individuals entering the Contest to be added to the listener database of the station, to receive information about station activities, events and offers from the station and its sponsors. A decision by an individual to elect not to receive such communications from the station will have no effect on that individual’s chances to win the Contest. In addition, any individual may request that the sponsor refrain from sending that individual any other Contest or station related mailings at any time. To do so, they can contact the sponsor via phone at 631-770-4200, or via mail at WALK 97.5, 234 Airport Plaza Suite 5, Farmingdale, NY 11735.
- TELEPHONE EQUIPMENT: Participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants that enable the “Caller ID” block function may not be allowed to participate unless they enter their correct area code and telephone number. CMLI, and the station disclaim all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, mis-dial or misdirected calls, acts beyond the sponsor’s or station’s control, or otherwise. CMLI, and the station disclaim all liability for any delays, mis-delivery, loss or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission or other delivery method. CMLI, and the station are not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in this Contest.