Host of ISLAND ASSIGNMENT...
...a talk show for and about Long Island, and the issues that get us talking...airing Sundays at 7am. Have a topic suggestion? Send it to me at email@example.com
- AKA...News-nista! Local, national, world, celebrity gossip...I need to know!
- Proud product of...Farmingdale, Long Island. Go Dalers!
- Family...2 cute little girls, 1 adorable Pug, 1 hot husband (who does laundry!).
- Education...BFA & MA from NYIT, Old Westbury NY
- Odd hobby...Compulsive and voracious magazine reader. We subscribe to 3 weeklies and 4 monthlies, and keep ordering more. I read non-stop!
- Other jobs, over the years...Adjunct instructor at NYIT, TV publicist, cocktail waitress (that last one was a long time ago).
- Pet Issues & Interests...Historic preservation, consumer rights, public schools, pet population control.
- Fav Song...Couldn't possibly pick just 1.
- Fav Books...Non-fiction- The Mansions of Long Island's Gold Coast by Monica Randall; Fiction- Beneath the Wheel by Herman Hesse (a classic, worth digging up).
- Awards...Top 50 Most Influential Women in Business 2011 by Long Island Business News; FOLIO, Press Club of Long Island (multiple years/awards for coverage of important Long Island issues and events); Brookhaven Town Woman of the Year honoree, 2004.